Monday, March 25, 2013

Somebody's Watching Me




Have you ever felt like somebody's watching you and you have no clue as to who it is, somebody's watching your every move and those eyes keep following you no matter where you are or no matter where you go, you are being tracked, you can try hiding, you can try running, you can try disguising yourself but still you are never too far off from those eyes, you are still being watched.

I walked into a coffee shop one evening, I  walked towards the corner table located in the balcony, hoping to catch a glimpse of the city from the second floor and hopefully trying to evade the eyes of the ever curious crowd who are always on a look out, Privacy seems to be such a luxury these days, I took a sip of that coffee that was served to me and I was trying to enjoy my view, I strangely felt like somebody was looking right at me, I scanned for those eyes and I could see a person seated right across my table, starring right at me, He was a strange looking guy, I must have seen him somewhere, he seems so familiar, I kind of ignored him for some time but after a while it started making me feel increasingly uncomfortable, I started starring right back at him thinking that should take his eyes off me but it didn't, I kind off started waving at him, that didn't seem to shake him off, I couldn't take it anymore, I was growing increasingly impatient, I then rose my chair and then walked up to him and asked him as to why was he starring at me, I expected to hear something and instead all he returned was a smile, I didn't know what to make off it, It was getting a bit creepy, so I started walking away from him and towards the exit, Once I was off the shop I headed down the road and towards my home, I still couldn't get that smile off my head and as I kept walking, I felt like I was being watched again, I could feel it, I would occasionally look around but I still could see nothing, I felt like everybody is watching me, It kept growing at me, I started running, running as fast as I could, I nearly got hit by a car but still managed to keep going, I then entered my apartment block, headed towards the lift, couldn't wait for it to come down, I then took the stairs, I reached 5th floor in a minute, that was something, I then started digging deep into my pockets to reach out for my keys, once I got hold of it, I tried unlocking the door, once open, I entered my apartment and locked my door, I then headed for my cupboard and then reached out for my whiskey, poured it on to my glass and then gulped the whole thing down, I still couldn't get that feeling out of me, I thought splashing water on to my face would get things back to normal, I headed to the restroom and turned the tap on and then splashed some water on to my face, I reached for the towel and then wiped my face dry, I then look myself in the mirror, I was stunned by what I saw, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing, I could see the person who was starring at me at the coffee shop in the mirror, He still had that creepy smile and it kept growing at me, I panicked, I wanted to touch the mirror to check whether was I hallucinating or was it really him, The moment I touched the mirror, I could then see my reflection, The moment I took my hands of it , it was him, I was awestruck by what I had just witnessed.
I was just thinking as to whether was it really me that I was trying to run away from?   

2 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome....the last line summed it up and left it open for multiple interpretations...I have seen that your writing style is pretty similar to mine...I have written quite a few stories on such themes. Great, keep up

    ReplyDelete